1st July 2020 | 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Learning today: why nothing and everything has changed
Recording now available.
Nothing has changed in how we learn, not fundamentally. The way neurons fire and form networks in our brain is the same as it was when we stood on the African savannah millennia ago.
In other ways, though, everything has changed. The tools we use, the distractions we face and the breadth of information we have access to, are all vastly different to what we faced just few years ago, never mind tens of thousands.
What you'll learn
A veteran of the learning, skills and human capital industries, Don Taylor will be joined by Ross Garner, Head of Learning Experience at Emerald Works. Together, they’ll explore how today’s fast changing world affects learning and development – and consider:
- Adapting our natural ways of learning to the modern world
- The long, imperfect legacy of the schoolroom
- Why memory is now more important than ever
- Technology’s opportunity and challenge
- The profound implications for learning professionals.
Be prepared to be energized, enthused and challenged.