Award-winning digital learning at Edrington
With origins in the 1860s, Edrington’s iconic whisky brands include The Macallan, Highland Park and Famous Grouse.
Edrington wanted a pipeline of home-grown leaders. But rapid global growth led to a fragmented approach to development. Managers needed the right learning solution to keep pace.
As Jo Hughes, Head of Organizational Development at Edrington, says:
“Prior to the development of the Edrington Academy, different business areas were beginning to shape and build their own development approaches. But it was very ad hoc. We didn’t have anything online, nothing on an intranet – it was pretty much a hole in the ground.”
With 2,300 employees spanning Europe, Asia, the US and the Middle East, Edrington needed a single, clear strategy to progress its people.
As it stood:
- Learning was reactive and face-to-face
- External training was expensive
- Regional approaches were inconsistent
- Quality and content of learning varied across regions
- People needed to learn quicker and smarter
We worked with Edrington to create a digital learning hub to stimulate potential and build a strong learning culture.
Today, a global workforce can access the Edrington Academy anywhere, any time. Videos, articles, infographics, animations and more are targeted to improve leadership skills.
The 2,000-plus resources of the Academy:
- Are easy to access across different devices and locations
- Complement Edrington’s existing mentor and job shadowing programs
- Support managers and employees with their review process
The Edrington Academy is, without a doubt, the best personal development tool I have ever had access to in any job. It is an incredible resource.
The Edrington Academy won The Herald Scottish Digital Business Award for Education and Training. And took Gold for the External Learning Solution of the Year at the LPI Learning Awards.
With quick, easy access to trusted resources, the Edrington Academy helps employees learn the skills required to lead. And creates the right conditions for the whole organization to grow.
Wherever an employee is based, the approach, quality and learning experience is the same. That creates a strong learning culture across the business.
Karin Wilkins, HR Generalist, Edrington US says:
“Since the Academy has been launched I have noticed a shift. People are more comfortable and more confident in having those difficult conversations with their team members. There are more productive conversations happening all around the business.”
- 16,758 resources accessed
- 25% of visitors have accessed 25 or more resources
- 88% have ‘learned something new’ from the Academy
- 68% acted and applied their learning